Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Construction Update


The remodeling work is progressing nicely. Here are a few pictures to illustrate.


Did you know that drywall comes in mint-green? Not the best color for a basement room. It has been really cool watching the process of this remodeling work. Details are incredibly important. One also needs to be able to do solid math calculations. Ahhhh, another way to encourage my students to enroll in more math classes.

This picture is post-taping, post-priming, and post-closet construction.

Boxing off the "uglies."
It doesn't look like a basement anymore. :)

Yesterday, my guys painted the room "muslin" color -- think creamy butter. But, not yellow; I hate yellow. I think today's agenda holds work on the suspended ceiling and baseboards. Electricians are coming back on Friday to put in the heating units and a few other electric issues throughout my house. It will be sooooo nice to have heat in my basement. Perhaps I can work in my office without mittens this spring. I'll also have electric on my porch -- my favorite space in the entire house. No more extension cords running through windows.

That's all for now....off to vote!

No comments: