Sunday, February 11, 2007

Notes from the Dog Park

Oh Heaven! Till and I went to the dog park with Mom this morning. It’s been a while. Mom’s been a little busy, and it’s just been too damn cold for even those of us with tons of hair to be outside for too long. So, with the temps over 12 degrees this morning, we finally had our time in the snow. I just love to chase that fuzzy little tennis ball around. It turns into a big sloppy puppysicle after a few throws. Best yet -- the other dogs just left me alone to run. That doesn’t always happen at the park; there are usually a bunch of yip dogs and stupid mutts who don’t back off when I tell them to. But the other mates this morning were smart enough to just let me be and focus– interesting that most of them were Labs. We are some of the smartest out there, you know.

It was fun to watch Till get some exercise, too. I’m not so sure it’s fair that Mom calls her The Cow. She’s just big boned. I thought it was pretty cool when a pack of dogs initially tried to stop my run, Till stepped in and did body blocks. I really love my new sister. She still farts a lot, but I can live with that. The other thing that was really fun to see was how Tillie runs along with her mouth shoveling up new snow to eat/drink. It’s kind of like watching a bulldozer in turbo speed. I wonder how she keeps her balance.

Well, I’m pretty tired after running so much. After Mom posts this for me, I’m going to take a nap. Tillie is already snoring.

Later….

ShellieBellie \

No comments: