Saturday, February 24, 2007

Mother Nature has a Strange Sense of Humor

Mother Nature delivered her first gift of late-winter weather to the Madison area overnight. I think we got at least 4 inches of the white stuff. It felt like about a foot, though, as I shoveled the sidewalk. My old back just can’t do it anymore. Fortunately, I have a great neighbor who pops on over to help when he can. Thanks, James!

Here’s the regional update:

TONIGHT: *****BLIZZARD WARNING****** IN EFFECT FROM 6PM UNTIL 12PM SUNDAY. 7-13" OF SNOW POSSIBLE. STRONG WINDS WILL COMBINE WITH HEAVY SNOW TO CREATE REDUCED VISIBILITY, DOWN TO 1/4 MILE OR LESS AT TIMES. WHITE OUT CONDITIONS POSSIBLE.
WIND: E 20-30+


Then throughout Sunday:

MODERATE SNOWFALL THROUGHOUT THE MORNING AND AFTERNOON. 2-3"


It’s a good thing that my girls love the snow and play well in it on their own in the backyard. I don’t have to bother with long walks, hauling 180 lbs of dog on icy sidewalks.


Ok, Mom Nature, I’m not rolling on the floor laughing about this latest joke, but I am chuckling a bit.

No comments: