Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Trials and Tribulations on Vacation

I love Winter Break!

This morning was spent talking with my building contractor and my plumber. I am most fortunate to have good guys in those roles. I just wish the financial end of it all was just
as secure. It's kind of scary how much the whole process costs. At least the girls and I now have a good water softener and a plan for some remodeling work to increase the equity of our home. Shellie and Tillie will be happy to have even more lounge space in the basement.
I'll be glad to have more creativity work space with GOOD LIGHTING. I'm just getting too old to see with dim, crappy lights. I'll also be happy to have a new shower surround that isn't peeling off the wall -- gross!

I also did some book shopping for upcoming classes at school.
I'm desperately looking for copies of a few titles my new student
teacher will use. I hope I have better luck tomorrow. Tonight is set
aside for curriculum planning for next quarter's film class.Hmm, am I supposed to be on vacation? Yeah right....

I just started reading Never Go Home Again by Shannon
Holmes. I'm not too impressed with it so far, but some of my students
requested it from our librarian. I guess I should know what the hype is
about. Maybe I'll alternate each day between that title and The
Historian.



I'm still dying to go see The Good Shepherd. I've heard nothing but good things about it. I think I'll wait until the mall shoppers run out of money and stay home though. I'm not too thrilled about battling crowds for a new-in-the-theatre flick. This one might be worth it though.

The girls are snoring away. They enjoyed the visitors this morning, but I'm sure they would have rather been trouncing through the mud at the dogpark. Maybe tomorrow. For now, they will forgive me.

Well, back to work on curriculum. --- D.

No comments: