Sunday, December 31, 2006

Tillie Says Happy New Year!

Hey Folks,

Mom and Shellie said that it’s my turn to write. I think I’d rather sleep (like my sister is doing – see picture). But, I guess I have to earn the dog food once in a while. Speaking of food, Mom just made something that smells really yummy. Wish she’d give me a taste. She showed me the recipe though and said it was for the football game later tonight. WoooHooo! Packers v. Bears. Mom might actually snuggle into the couch with me for this one. She hasn’t been watching too much football lately, but she leaves it on for me to enjoy. It makes for good napping background noise. I really hope the Pack wins tonight. They’ve had a hard year of it.

Anyway, here’s the recipe for the yummy dip stuff she made:


Football Dip
1 – 1.5 lbs. ground chuck/beef
1 small yellow onion (optional)
3 c. salsa (the hotter, the better)
12 oz. cheddar cheese (about 3 cups)
1 can refried beans (with chilies)
2 beefy tomatoes or 5 romas
salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste

In a skillet pan that can be used on the stove top AND in the oven:
Brown meat and onion. Drain. Return to heat.
Stir in salsa, cheese, beans, and tomatoes.

When cheese is melted, cover and bake in 375° oven for 25 minutes.

Serve with chips.

Note: This dip freezes well.

Hey, I almost forgot. It’s New Year’s Eve. I think my 2007 resolution will be to not jump on the wooden furniture by the porch windows. I’ve been scratching things and broke a bowl yesterday. Mom was NOT happy about that. I didn’t mean to do it, but Shellie is always in the good barking spot on the chair, so I have to get up on something to see what is going on. Good thing I bark louder than she does or no one would even know I was here. The most important thing is guarding the house, right? Mom is very forgiving. She just says “Oh, Tillie, what am I going to do with you?” Then she gives me a hug. I’m pretty lucky.


I bet Mom’s resolution will be to read more – yeah, like that’s possible. I hope she also adds taking more walks with us. I haven’t checked my p-mail in a couple of days. I don’t even know what Shellie’s will be – maybe to not destroy her stuffed animals so much. She’s been making a total mess out of the carpet. Mom has to vacuum up white stuffing at least once a day.


Oooohhh, Mom is about to pop in a video. I better grab the prime spot next to her on the couch. I love it when she rubs my ears.


Happy New Year, everyone! I hope 2007 brings more peace to all everywhere.

--- Tillie

No comments: