Sunday, May 20, 2007

Tales from the Remodel

Yes, it has been quite a while since I last posted. The girls and I have been a little busy -- moving into my new office space, cleaning up drywall dust, painting, and then trying to figure out what to do with my life now that I'm a grown up. I'll leave the latter story for another day. It involves applying for another job -- my dream job, actually. Best to stick with the concrete--uhh, drywall dust.



Here's all of the post-new-drywall but pre-installation
of new vanity, mirror, light, and wall cabinet




This is a post-installation but pre-paint picture. I painted today. Damn, my back hurts.



Here's the final color scheme. "Quaking Aspen" is the name of the green. It actually looks better in person than in this picture. Think a little more sagey than minty.



And, here's my absolute favorite part of it all --the new faucet fixture. I've always wanted one of these hot/cold porcelain fixtures. And, now that I'm a grown up, I can have one! Ha!

Maybe I'll go take a bath now.

Or, maybe Tillie has a better idea.







4 comments:

k8 said...

Very Nice!!!

So, have you already applied for this dream job? Or is it in the works? Enquiring minds want to know....

Now I am seriously curious.

Denise said...

Yes, I applied. However, I know there are sooooo many over-qualified professionals in the area, that I will be most fortunate to simply get an interview. But, I will continue to dream and send positive energy out to the universe.

D

k8 said...

Can you say whether it is a library or teaching position?

Denise said...

Actually a little of both. It would present the best of both worlds; thus, the "dream."
D.